Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tasty Tuesday: BEST PASTA EVER

I'm sorry I don't have pictures, but just trust me that this pasta is pretty and DELICIOUS!

B.P.E. (Best Pasta Ever) -my own recipe
Serves 1

1 cup uncooked TJ's Brown Rice Penne Pasta
2 slices prosciutto-chopped into small pieces
1-2 Tbs. butter
1/4 white onion chopped
1 clove garlic chopped ( I use the frozen pre-minced kind at TJ's)
Grated Parmesan-to your liking ( I use about 4 tbs. to make this into a sort of garlicky mac and cheese)

Okay, this recipe is by no means healthy, but it is delicious!!! Yum! Yum! Yum! Eat it when you want to indulge!

Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10 min. This seems to be the perfect temp for brown rice pasta.

Let the onion sweat over medium heat in a saute pan. After a min. add the prosciutto so it can start to crisp up.

Add the butter and garlic and keep over medium heat until the onion start to brown slightly.

Drain the pasta and pour the whole butter/onion mixture on top. Add the parmesan and stir to create the best gooey, garlicky pasta ever!

I now make this about once a week! And I should probably start eating salads on the days I decide to have this for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails