Thursday, August 5, 2010

No TV-Day 4

So I cheated on Tuesday night and watched my DVR'd "Army Wives" and a half hour of "The Rachel Zoe Project" ( I had to know what happened to Taylor!). I was also so tired that I couldn't read, but not tired enough to go to sleep. What was I going to do? Stare at the ceiling?
Yesterday my mom came to visit and have dinner so it wasn't a long evening of nothing to do. Tonight will be the first night all week that I will come home from work with nowhere else to go. In other words, tonight is the first real time to fill in the gap between parking my car at 7 and going to sleep at 10. I think I'm going to do laundry and workout. And hopefully write. I really need to write more.
Even though this has not been the easiest I will say this has definitely been good for me. I am more focused on other things to do and trying to actually get them done. I think Saturday is going to be the hardest. I might allow myself to watch two hours that night-but only if the stuff that has to get done is completed. That's really the main point of this. TV was keeping me from being productive. As long as I don't use it as a distraction from what needs to be done I think it's okay-just no 5 hour marathon sessions of sitting on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails