- Noise-cancelling headphones-they have to be the cushioned kind that muffle your ear-not just the in-ear buds.
- Nintendo DS-I could play for hours and this tends to be the only time I really play it. Sure, it makes me look like I'm 12, but at least I'm not bored during the flight like others.
- Magazines-only for take off and landing. I rarely read books on the plane. I just can't seem to get into them, but magazines are great for when I can't turn on anything electronic
- iPod-I'm still not bringing my new one with me this trip since there still aren't protective cases, but my old-school video ipod filled with TV shows always kills time.
- Purell-do I even need to explain this one?
- Clorox wipes-after the whole swine flu outbreak last year I actually have started wiping down my seat. I'm not a germaphobe at all, but I don't want the flu and I watched a stupid Dr. Oz episode that scared me into doing this.
- A quart sized bag with lip balm, UNSCENTED hand lotion, and nasal spray-planes are freaking dry so I moisturize everything throughout. And seriously, don't bring your scented lotions on the plane. Just because you like that smell doesn't mean the 12 people around you will
- My Coach Boston bag. It's a statement piece. It holds everything perfectly. And it makes anything I'm wearing look chic. They don't make it the same anymore so I'm glad I bought it when I did.
So, what can you not travel without?