Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Monday, January 17, 2011
Okay, so after a weekend of eating only protein, the way the "Lean for Life" book says to, I have lost 3.5 pounds! Woo hoo! Today I get to add fruits and veggies and a grapefruit has never tasted so good! Plus, I get to keep my iced lattes so I'm totally surviving this. It is amazing how much better you feel when you don't eat junk. For reals.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
So anyways, did I mention that this eating plan I'm trying starts off with 3 prep days? It's 3 prep days and then 3 days of nothing but protein. Literally all protein, not even vegetables. I'm trying to not binge too much on these days and still eat whole meals, but there is a part of me that totally wants to go off the deep end and just eat a friggin' cheesecake! I will not succumb, I promise. If I do that means I would have that much more to lose.
I will say that even just 2 days into eating more vegetables and actual meals instead of just whatever I feel like here and there does make me feel better. And I discovered Trader Joe's chopped veggie mix that I just throw into everything. Last night I mixed a cup of chopped veggies with 3/4 pounds italian sausage (out of the casings) and then stuffed bell pepper halves with it. I baked them at 350 for 45 min. and they are delicious! Oh, I also sprinkled a little garlic powder in there as well.
My one treat for the day is going to be William-Sonoma Hot Chocolate for dessert because it is absolutely amazing! I'll let you know Friday if I'm having major withdrawals, but hopefully I can press on!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
- Why do you post pics of you finishing a race with your mouth wide open, looking all tired and sweaty? Yay! You work out, but that is not a flattering shot!
- Why would you post 3 TIMES that you really can't wait to have children soon? You don't want a wife. You want a baby-maker.
- Yes, you love to camp, hike and do anything outdoors, but do I have to? I like taking yoga and Zumba classes but I don't expect you to go with me.
- Some hobbies you should keep to yourself-playing your tin whistle and "tending" to your pet turtle are things I don't need to learn about in your profile. ( I swear those are real hobbies and they were in the same profile. Poor guy.)
Monday, January 3, 2011
I’ve been reading this book that tells me not to criticize. Very “judge, lest not ye be judged.” I know the Bible said it first, so yes, I should have been doing this for quite sometime, but this book was the first time I felt really convicted of it. That and it seems absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to do. How do you not criticize? Correction, how do I not criticize? I criticize everyone and everything including myself. I’m really going to try though. It is true that I’m not perfect either so what right have I, but man, that is a tough call. Trying to replace critical thoughts with kind, understanding thoughts is going to take a lot. And not saying anything critical? An act of God. That’s what that will take and that’s what I’m praying for.
I’ll let you know how it goes, but what about you? Are you a critical person or are you good at bestowing grace? And if so, any tips for me on how to do it?
Sunday, January 2, 2011
- Improv show at UCB-that would be Upright Citizens Brigade. I took classes at Second City last year, and while I LOVED it, I'm thinking of switching over to UCB. Plus, they have some shows I just really want to see.
- Slimmons exercise class-Have you heard about this? Richard Simmons actually leads the workouts and people I've talked to say they're fabulous and fun! I saw him once in the airport and he was a total drama queen, but only in L.A. can you take class from Richard Simmons.
- Eat at Formosa Café-I just feel that this is a classic L.A. spot and yet I've never been so I want to try it.
- Explore Eagle Rock-There are a lot of places in Los Angeles that I've only been to once or twice and could probably learn more about but I've NEVER been to Eagle Rock and I hear it's fun. I already know a restaurant I want to try and I hear the stores are cute.
- Coffee at 101 Coffee Shop-I can't even count the number of times I've driven by and "Swingers" was filmed here and to me that is an iconic L.A. movie that I treasure so I need to go.
- Concert at the Greek Theater-I want to go to more concerts and I've never been to the Greek and hear it's a great place to see a show.
- Rose Bowl Flea Market-It's supposed to be the greatest flea market and I want to haggle for deals on cute apartment stuff!
- See a midnight showing of “The Room”-if you've never heard of it, google it. It is supposedly the worst movie ever made and the midnight showing of it has become an "only in L.A." thing to do.
- Finally have dinner at Bazaar at SLS-I feel about 2 years behind but I really, really want to eat there. Jose Andres is a genius and I loved his first restaurant Zatinya in D.C. and really want to experience his molecular gastronomy.
- Explore downtown-it is the hippest place in L.A. now and I haven't really done much down there. I want to take an afternoon/evening and just explore. This will probably happen on an Art Walk night because I have friends that I know want to go this year.
- I'm leaving #11 open for now. I'm not quite sure yet what this one should be, but I will definitely decide and do it before the end of the year!