Thursday, December 31, 2009

525, 600 Minutes...

525,600 minutes, how do you measure a year? I know it’s a line from “Rent” and yes, it’s been overused, but there is some truth to it. This has been a weird year. In some ways it feels like a year of nothingness. My mom says it’s been a year of discovery. I guess I did discover a lot. Maybe this next year is for those discoveries to pay off in some way. So, how can I define 2009?

It was the year…

· that I went to Little Rock, Baton Rouge, Vancouver, Chicago, Phoenix, Memphis, Tunica, New York, Boston(2x), Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Portland (2x), Miami, Colorado Springs, Denver, Oklahoma City, Houston, San Luis Obispo and I’m sure at least one more I’m forgetting

· multiple friends got laid off and all my perks and benefits were taken away.

· The doctors finally figured out why I’m sick all the time. So it was also the year that…

· I had to give up all carbs. ALL.

· that felt a lot like Jr. High at points. Gotta love all the immature people in the world.

· of confusion.

· I became brave, put myself out there, and tried something new.

· that one friend moved away and another passed away.

· where a whole new circle of friends was made!


No matter what, it was a year where I was blessed by the grace of God and really, at the end of the day (or in this case, year) that’s all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you have never been to Solvang! Ableskivers:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails