Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Perfectly Folded Sheets

I will never fold properly. Today I was trying to fold my bed sheets and I failed miserably. I’m not talking about the fitted sheet that no one can fold correctly, I’m talking about the plain, old, full-sized sheet. I could care less about doing this the right way. I don’t understand the people who iron their sheets either. What is the point to this? Anyway, I know nicely folded sheets in the cupboard or linen closet or wherever you store your sheets is supposed to be one of those proper things we should all know to do, but I also know that there are better things I can do with my time then layout my sheet on the floor and try to fold it perfectly. Don’t worry, it’s not like I wad it in a ball and throw it in the closet. It is folded, just not nicely or correctly.

The sheet folding incident just got me thinking about those things in life that we all think should be done a certain way and if they are all really worth it. I’m normally all for proper behavior and the socially acceptable way to do things, but there are some that just aren’t worth it. For me, it is perfectly folded sheets. What is it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails