Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Welcome!

     Life after college. I think my first year out was just one huge transition and I’ll be honest, it sucked. Its been four years since I graduated and while I’ve made a lot of progress I think I’m still figuring out what it means to be an “adult”. There are a lot of new experiences after graduation; getting a “real” job, moving into your own place, setting a budget, investing in a 401K. Ugh. But there is great freedom in this whole adult thing. You never have to write a term paper again, when you are done with work there is no need to study, and your time is your own (other than work, obviously).

        I remember 22-23 being especially difficult because while I was ready to move into adulthood my friends were not. Half of them still worked at Starbucks and ate dinner at Baja Fresh. They lived in apartments with four people and just wanted to hang out for a while. I on the other hand had a real job with a salary and benefits and was ready to move to L.A. So, in March of 2005 that’s what I did. I moved to Los Angeles. The city I love. I basically started all over.

      So, four years later I think I’ve figured some of it out, but I definitely have a ways to go. This blog is about what’s going on in my life at the moment along with some tips and tricks I’ve discovered along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails