Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adventures in Online Dating: What Men Shouldn't Post

Alright, I've been online dating for about a week and I have a couple observations-things men post, but shouldn't. Actually, it's more of a question, like "Why would you post this?" Here they are in no particular order:
  • Why do you post pics of you finishing a race with your mouth wide open, looking all tired and sweaty? Yay! You work out, but that is not a flattering shot!
  • Why would you post 3 TIMES that you really can't wait to have children soon? You don't want a wife. You want a baby-maker.
  • Yes, you love to camp, hike and do anything outdoors, but do I have to? I like taking yoga and Zumba classes but I don't expect you to go with me.
  • Some hobbies you should keep to yourself-playing your tin whistle and "tending" to your pet turtle are things I don't need to learn about in your profile. ( I swear those are real hobbies and they were in the same profile. Poor guy.)
I could go on, but I'll stop there for now. Here's the thing; I realize that for every qualm I have about their profiles, they probably have at least one about mine. I'm sure all the girls are posting things they don't like as well, so I'm not trying to be judgmental. Just thought I'd let you all into my thoughts and observations that I have as I go through profiles. It's pretty entertaining even if I don't find the love of my life!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl... This post SINGS to me, as I'm also now diving into the online dating pool (have my first date tomorrow. Eeeep!). I always can't help but wonder what would possess people to include certain things in their profile. Then again, I would absolutely HATE it if they were to say the same things about me. At least you have a very rosy outlook on it! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to reading about your adventures in online dating!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails