Thursday, December 3, 2009

First Date Tips for Guys...

Since my last entry on dating has lead me to believe I’ll probably never get a date again because I’m now "that outspoken girl”, I figure I might as well keep going to help the rest of you out.

First Date Tips for Guys:

  • Meet her at her door.
  • Open doors for her.
  • Pay for everything.
  • Leave your Blackberry/IPhone at home. At least, don’t use it in front of her. Check it when she’s in the bathroom or something.
  • Compliment her. Tell her she looks nice. I don’t know how this one keeps slipping by, but no girl has ever disliked being told she looks good. Oh, and even if you think she’s gorgeous don’t assume she thinks the same about herself. Odds are she doesn't.
  • Don’t insult her job or job industry. This may sound obvious, but you wouldn’t believe what people have said about my job on dates. My personal favorites are the guy who told me my job is “silly” and the one who told me he thinks my show is “sad” and said television is just a waste of time.
  • Act interested in what she does. Not just her occupation, but other interests as well.
  • Be confident. I can’t even begin to tell you how far confidence can get you with a girl.
  • QUIT EXPECTING FIREWORKS! Seriously, very few first dates are absolutely spectacular and amazing. Were you nervous? Well guess what? So was she. And if your first date was a double date or group date or whatever, that’s fine, but just know she’s probably now more nervous because she feels she’s being watched. The first date is more just to figure out if you want to get to know the person better. Seriously, cut her some slack. She’s probably having to cut you plenty too.
Bottom line, you treat her well and she'll open up a whole new world for you. I know a guy who quit dating a girl because the first date wasn't amazing. Their mutual friend said to me the other day, "Do you think he realizes how different his life could be right now if he'd just tried a little harder?" Sad thing is, I don't think he does.

2 comments:

  1. what is a date? i think i heard about that once - didn't all the kids do that back in the fifties or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another tip- don't bring your brother/sister on the date...never a good idea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails